Connect with us
Source: ISL Media


Goa’s losing streak continues against Jamshedpur

Jamshedpur FC got their first win of the season as a Nerijus Valskis brace helped them power to a 3-1 win over FC Goa in the Hero Indian Super League (ISL) at the Athletic stadium in Bambolim, Goa on Friday.

Valskis (51’, 61’) scored ten minutes apart at the start of the second half to put the Red Miners in a commanding position before Jordan Murray (80’) scored with his first real involvement in the game after coming on as a substitute. Airam Cabrera (86’) then netted a late consolation for the Gaurs.

Jamshedpur FC set the tone right from the outset when Valskis worked FC Goa goalkeeper Dheeraj Moirangthem when Komal Thatal did well to pinch the ball off Seriton Fernandes and set up the Lithuanian striker for his shot in the sixth minute.

FC Goa were bossing possession but it was Jamshedpur FC who looked more likely to score with Thatal and Valskis causing problems to the Goa defence.

In the 40th minute, Valskis turned provider for former FC Goa player Seiminlen Doungel who forced a top save from Dheeraj. Doungel got a second bite at it from the rebound but put it wide.

The game was deadlocked at the interval with FC Goa seeing more of the ball but Jamshedpur FC enjoying the better chances.

FC Goa started the second half brightly and TP Rehenesh was called into action in the 50th minute when Edu Bedia found Alberto Noguera whose shot had to be palmed away at full stretch.

However, at the other end, Valskis was not to be denied as he expertly controlled a Greg Stewart cross and fired it past Dheeraj.

Valskis then doubled Jamshedpur FC’s advantage once again through a pass from Stewart who delivered a fine free-kick that the Lithuanian headed home without much trouble.

FC Goa missed a good chance to cut the deficit in the 72nd minute before seeing a penalty appeal turned down four minutes later when Cabrera appeared to be pulled down by Laldinliana Renthlei but the referee waved it away.

Jamshedpur FC then sealed the deal as substitute Murray netted with his first touch to make it 3-0 to the Red Miners. The Gaurs then pulled one back through Cabrera in the 86th minute.

It was a case of too little, too late as FC Goa suffered their second straight defeat.

Source: ISL Media

The FC Mangalore Media team is a small group of hardworking and extremely dedicated individuals dedicated at bringing you a unique and fresh perspective on a daily basis.

More in ISL